I have a CRAFTSMAN 3 Ton Floor Jack that I'm refurbishing. I've removed the rivets from the rear wheel assemblies to make it easier to paint. What should I use to replace the rivets?

Axle width
Wheel width
Wheel hub inner diameter
Frame axle hole diameter
Frame thickness
Original rivet (axle) diameter
1.8365" (46.6471 mm)
1.3440" (34.1376 mm)
0.4335" (11.0109 mm)
0.4180" (10.6172 mm)
0.1845" ( 4.6863 mm)
0.3830" ( 9.7282 mm)

I've gotten a recommendation to use this 10 mm x 1.5 mm x 60 mm class 10.9 flange bolt but it has a body length around 34 mm. Part of the wheel and frame will be supported by the threaded portion. Is this okay or is there a better alternative?

1 Answer 1


Another option is to find a hardened sleeve that goes through the frame and hole with a smaller diameter bolt that is just to hold it in place.


enter image description here

The orange bit is the sleeve, then as long as there is sufficient thread on the bolt to clamp it will work. You can make the sleeve thicker and only use a 4mm or 5mm diameter bolt...

  • I'm not sure what a hardened sleeve is and I'm having trouble figuring out what exactly it is. Could you link to an example? Commented May 19, 2019 at 15:33
  • 1
    Quick google gives this, but there are many others to check out... alibaba.com/product-detail/…
    – Solar Mike
    Commented May 19, 2019 at 15:36

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .