Please understand, some questions are not suited for the Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Stack Exchange. Here are some question types which will garner closure:
- Questions seeking price/shopping assistance. These types of questions are off-topic because they tend to become obsolete quickly. Instead, describe your situation and the specific problem you're trying to solve.
- Questions on driving techniques are off-topic unless asked in regard to a a specific mechanical problem. See: Are driving questions on-topic?
- Question about tire health were deemed off-topic due to their subjective nature. See: Should Tire Sidewall Damage Questions be considered "Opinion" based?
Find out more about…
- What types of questions should I avoid asking?
- What topics can I ask about here?
- What does it mean if a question is "closed"?
- Why do I see a message that my question does not meet quality standards?
- Why and how are some questions deleted?
- Code of Conduct
- Expected Behavior
- How do I use tags to find topics I'm interested in?
- Why can people edit my posts? How does editing work?
- How does the User Card popup work?
Reputation & Moderation
- Who are the site moderators, and what is their role here?
- Why is voting important?
- What is reputation? How do I earn (and lose) it?
- Moderator Agreement policies
- Who are the staff, and what is their role here?
- How do I write a good answer?
- What does it mean when an answer is "accepted"?
- Why are answers no longer being accepted from my account?
- How to reference material written by others
- Can I answer my own question?
- I accidentally created two accounts; how do I merge them?
- How do I add or remove login credentials from my account?
- I lost my password; how do I reset it?
- How do I delete my account?
- When does Stack Exchange ask for my cookie consent?