I just changed the engine of my car, but a part from the new engine is missing as the old engine knocking sensor doesn’t fit inside the engine (despite both new and old engine being 190000J060 compatible).

I know that plug/contact isn’t sold separately from wires to the ECU but even for the complete part I don‘t have the reference so I can’t search it online.

So how to find what I need to buy from the VIN code of the old engine which is VNKKL96380A230263 as local Toyota is refusing to sell that part to me (or even tell the reference number so I can find it in a car scrappage)?

  • Probably the best place to find that plug is a scrap yard... Pity you did not get it when you got the replacement engine... One of the things I tend to do... You will probably find that it is not a part sold individually and it comes with the complete engine loom...
    – Solar Mike
    Commented Jan 22, 2019 at 12:38
  • @SolarMike yes but which scrap yard? I contacted the nbd.se and they told me they burnt the wires with the spark plug of the engine I bought but they. ndb.se did so because they thought there would be no compatibility problem (they even asked my VIN) but they were wrong. Toyota told me they could install the plug for 700€ (yes just for the contact and the wires to the ECU since the plug can’t be sold separately whereas nbd.se was Ok for selling the whole part below 20€). My best luck is to Google for the whole part which include the wires but I’ll need the reference. Commented Jan 22, 2019 at 13:03
  • I can suggest my favorite scrap yard (Sndwich, Kent) but that is probably totally useless for you... Find a scrap yard where you can go around the vehicles and take the parts off yourself... And the scrap yards I go to don't tend to use part numbers...
    – Solar Mike
    Commented Jan 22, 2019 at 13:14
  • @SolarMike short Story. In the home country of Peugeot and Citroën and Reanault most cars are from those brands. Toyota cars are rarer, so not only I didn’t found what I need but I was unable to find a scrap yard with a Toyota Yaris at 30Km acound (compatible or not). Lifting the damaged car is also required to look if the it’s the right part. So my best luck is to Google the reference and import a used part from a foreign country like I did for the engine. Commented Jan 22, 2019 at 13:46
  • A good answer needs a good question - leaving out pertinent information does not help anyone...
    – Solar Mike
    Commented Jan 22, 2019 at 13:54

1 Answer 1


Well, based on the link you give in the comments, I would get two electrical connectors that go on to those pins and solder them on to the wires.

Then I would spray a small amount of silicone lube into the socket, fit the wires and then fill / pack with an insulating compound that goes hard - making a male connector like that...

  • The problem is getting silicon that can resist the heat. Commented Jan 22, 2019 at 15:47
  • I suggested silicone as the lube to stop sticking...
    – Solar Mike
    Commented Jan 22, 2019 at 15:50
  • Etencheity is required. Need to find something else. Commented Jan 22, 2019 at 18:42

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .