What's wrong when water doesn't flow from your radiator. I already put a water pump and a thermostat on putits still running hot. What could be the problem?
If there is no/insufficient coolant flow in the cooling system then there are a few options:
- There is insufficient coolant in the system (check the coolant level);
- It's flowing out of the system (probably on the ground);
- The thermostat is stuck closed (it's defective and needs replacement);
- The water pump is not doing it's job (it's defective or not connected to a belt);
- A part of the cooling system is clogged (radiator or piping);
- There is air in the cooling system (cause of improper air purging after refilling drained coolant) - thanks to Tim B for reminding about this one.