I have a new Kia Stonic 2020 1.0L T-GDi ISG , got it on July and 8500km on it
It already had an issue with miscalibrated hill assist sensor (already fixed) so I wonder if it has other issues ... what I’ve noticed:
- With the car off , if I shift the gear into reverse (using the clutch properly of course) it makes a clanking noise. Same for 1st and 2nd but not 4th and 5th. Is this normal?? I never tried it right after I got it so not sure
- The car vibrates a lot when accelerating even on slight uphill at around 1200-1600 rpm. It seems to have some sort of resonance at around 1450, goes away entirely by 1600. It’s a low vibration that shakes the interior slightly. It isn’t huge but it is disconcerting , it doesn’t sound “good” like it does at 2k+ rpm. However it doesn’t happen on 1st gear so may be just need to keep in higher gear , but needing to stay above 1600 rpm I feel a bit limited.
- The idling rpm fluctuates from 1200 to 800 right after starting it , I hear this is normal though
- The low vibrations happen while idling too. If I slowly rev to 2k then let acceleration go, as it’s dropping back down it passes through some rpm where it does the low vibration , and canbe rattly once it gets to 800
- I made this video of reviving while idling , as the rpms go down they go down smooth and then sort of glitch at 1450: https://youtu.be/L5msLstt1Kw
thanks in advance for help and sorry if this is all normal! It’s my first new car so just wanna be sure I maintain it properly.