I have a 2003 Mazda Tribute. I'm not entirely sure what the problem is with the vehicle. I suppose it could be the alternator or just a dead battery, but could also be something more detailed.
I have a battery jumper that I keep in my car, and I have been connecting it to my battery every time I wish to start the car. When I'm in the car and I drive around (for a mile or so) I can turn the car off and then start it up again quickly, but after about a minute there's not enough juice to get it started anymore.
My intuition would lead me to believe that this means the alternator isn't the problem and it is a dead battery. I'm concerned that it could just be left over electrical energy sitting in the system that restarts the car and not a charge being restored to the battery by the alternator.