- A/C and compressor work fine when starting car for the first time for the day
- A/C and compressor stayed working fine when idling 5-10 minutes
- A/C and compressor work fine for a few minutes when driving
- A/C and compressor cut out after driving for about 10 minutes
- Freon charge appears to be fine, Freon refill PSI gauge read 45 PSI on cold start with compressor running
Things I've tried so far:
- Replaced the AIR COND 15A fuse in the Central Junction Box
I've read that the Constant Control Relay Module, or more specifically the AC clutch relay (or its solder joints) within the CCRM can go bad, and it seems to be a somewhat common occurrence for my vehicle. However, I don't want to go out and buy a replacement for $100+, nor do I want to try to drill out the rivets keeping the CCRM housing fastened, then try to find bolts that will work to replace the then destroyed rivets.
What would be the recommended next steps that I could do to troubleshoot my issue?
I own a multimeter so I can check voltages of components if need be. I also own the Workshop Manuals and Wiring Diagrams books, that I've been trying to use to troubleshoot the issue, albeit not very well...