the computer is saying that the temperature sensor is bad. i want to replace it, but i can't find where is it at. engine light is on.

I have look for it all over google, the auto parts store, and so far no one knows where it could be at. if anyone knows, please share.


  • Welcome to Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair! Nov 16, 2017 at 17:23

1 Answer 1


Per another article I found it calls it the “cylinder head sensor” though it monitors coolant temp.

If this is correct, it right on the top of the motor. Now this article is for a 2001, however from searching, the same motor configuration was used for 2000-2002, so it should match up.

  • Go figure ... looks like it's under the intake manifold. IIRC, this is basically a Jaguar engine. Great fun. English engineering at it's best ;-) J/K! (BTW, I'm a fan of the LS ... great cars when they came out!). Nov 16, 2017 at 20:09
  • 1
    @Pᴀᴜʟsᴛᴇʀ2 yeah. Google says Jag AJ Motor... spins right? Nov 16, 2017 at 20:16
  • Diagram in the article looks correct. Have fun pulling the intake, OP... It's pretty similar to doing a 4.6 intake something like 3 hrs.
    – Ben
    Nov 16, 2017 at 23:20

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .