I own a 2013 Fiesta Ecoboost 1.0L 74kW, and noticed that the maintenance instructions in the US version of the owners manual are very different from the service schedule available on Ford Etis. (EU versions of the owners manual do not contain maintenance instructions).
- Spark Plugs:
- Service schedule: Every 3 years or 37500 miles
- Owner manual: Every 100k miles (!)
- Engine coolant:
- Service schedule: Change every 10 years
- Owner manual: Initially after 6 years ook 100k miles, then every three years
- Cabin Air filter
- Service schedule: Replace every year
- Owner manual: Inspect yearly, replace every 20k miles (32000 km)
My car is 3 years old and has about 22k miles, meaning the service sheet tells me to change my spark plugs, while the owners manual tells me I can wait another 78k miles. Pretty big difference.
How do I interpret this? Is the Ford Etis service schedule unneccessarily conservative to make money for the dealers? Is there something I'm overlooking?