My girlfriend just recently purchased a 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt from a co-worker. Everything seemed ok with it besides the stereo. No sound is coming out of any of the speakers at all. All functions work on the stock stereo and all displays work and every now and then when we start the car we will hear a slight sound out of the speakers. It's not just the front speakers it's the rear as well. I pulled the stereo out and all wires look connected so I'm at a loss. Any help is greatly appreciated.
- Verify that you actually have speakers in the car. If the previous owner upgraded the speakers, he may have removed them before selling you the car.
- Make sure the speakers are connected. You pulled the stereo to verify there are speaker wires plugged into the back of it, check the other end.
- Check the settings on the stereo (balance and fade): the stereo may be set to use a speaker that doesn't exist or that doesn't work.
- Make sure the speakers actually work by removing them and connecting them to the stereo in another vehicle.
- Make sure the stereo actually works by connecting it to speakers from another vehicle. Basically, remove a speaker from another vehicle and connect it to this one.