Asking for a friend that got this code: P1446 Fuel Tank Sensor Control Valve Circuit Low.
According to AutoCodes, it could be:
- Faulty fuel tank sensor control valve
- Fuel tank sensor control valve harness is open or shorted
- Fuel tank sensor control valve circuit poor electrical connection
Here's what he had tried:
- Clear the code with a reader, but code comes back again.
- Disconnect battery's negative terminal for 15 minutes, but code comes back again.
- Turn ignition on, heard a 2 to 3 second high pitch wind blowing sound near the EVAP/charcoal canister.
- Compared with a Camry for the high pitch sound, Camry sounds shorter and cleaner.
- Other than that, the car starts and drives fine.
I'm looking at these parts but don't know which one is related to the high pitch sound:
- Fuel tank pressure sensor
- Vapor canister purge valve / solenoid
- Vapor canister vent valve / solenoid
Update: Wonder if this tool can check purge valve?