So I bought this abandoned 1999 jeep wrangler SE/TJ that was sitting for 6 years. the soft top is very worn but I want to get an identical one cuz I like the style of it, but I can't seem to find one as I don't know what this would be called. does anyone else know?

rear view of soft top Side view of soft top

Also, I'm pretty sure there is supposed to be a frame for the doors, so there's a seal, if this is true, where can I get some cuz I don't think they were on the jeep when I got it. If not, how do I properly install the top, cuz there's a clear gap between the door and top

  • If this has been sitting for years I'd suggest you focus on the mechanical aspects, making sure it's sound before you invest money on the cosmetics.
    – GdD
    Apr 7, 2022 at 9:47
  • Pshaw, @GdD! It's all about the show!
    – FreeMan
    Apr 7, 2022 at 16:47
  • @GdD i am very aware, i just wanted to know for future reference Apr 8, 2022 at 19:12
  • That's good @ZacharyCross, and I'm glad you're thinking that way. I've seen people waste a lot of money on cosmetic upgrades for cars that were mechanically unsound and it's never come out well.
    – GdD
    Apr 9, 2022 at 8:48

1 Answer 1


I think it is typically called a "bikini" top. There's different models and styles, but this name usually encompasses what you're looking for ... I did a quick google search and it showed quite a few different options.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .