Does anyone know what type of key this is for my anti wheel theft bolts? It's from a VW Golf Mk5 but I don't know if it's OEM. Has a "H" on the back - no number.


Thanks for any help

  • H ids for Hammered... If it is OEM, then a dealer will be able to get you a replacement (but you may, or may not, like the price). But the original locking nuts on my car were removed - too old for people to want to nick the wheels now... – Solar Mike Jul 19 '20 at 17:55

Rule #1 don't use impact drivers on locking lug nuts. It looks like a McGard lock. However they have been around long enough for there to be cheaply made knock-off brands. All is not lost though. They actually sell special sockets just to remove locking lug nuts. Which makes you wonder how effective they really are.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.