I own a 2003 Ford Focus, made for EU and I wonder for what is this key hole designed for.enter image description here

  • Can you take a picture more in focus to show the symbols next to each key position – Rory Alsop Jul 21 '19 at 14:08
  • Car model and year? – DavidSupportsMonica Jul 22 '19 at 2:31
  • @David - hthey said it's a 2003 Ford Focus... – Rory Alsop Jul 22 '19 at 7:21
  • @RoryAlsop Thanks. Sigh. Reading inaccurately strikes again. – DavidSupportsMonica Jul 22 '19 at 13:59
  • lol - it happens. Especially on mobile, I find... – Rory Alsop Jul 22 '19 at 14:05

Shift lock

My 02 Nissan had one. Someone rear ended me once, I couldn't get the car into gear from P. Turns out, the lock became engaged, needed to use my car key to unlock

  • The 99-900 (and maybe 9000) series Saab automobiles had the ignition switch and lock mounted down there; the key could only be removed if the gearbox had been shifted into reverse. There was no steering lock; the on-the-gearbox ignition switch arrangement met DOT requirements to disable the vehicle when the engine was off. – DavidSupportsMonica Jul 29 '19 at 14:55

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.