I've a Mazda 323 2005 model. Today while at going to work in the morning the car had starting difficulty. Back getting home in the evening the car struggled to start, upon opening the hood I noticed the car battery charge indicator was "black" aka meaning charge.
My battery is an AC Delco maintenance free battery that was purchased 1 year 2 months ago. It has a charge indicator on it that indicates the charge: GREEN Color-Full, BLACK color-charge & White color-Dead. There is a lot of white powdery stuff around the positive terminal and battery acid seeping to the surface.
Got back home and cleaned the surface with baking soda.Measured the voltage with the engine OFF @ 12.6V and with engine ON @ 13.58V to 13.65V and while reviving very high it stays at 13.8V and stays pretty much there unless I rev very high it doesn't go to 14V as it should.
So, is my charging system faulty? Also is my battery going bad so soon because of it?