I have an european Audi 80 B2 with the following parameters:

Type: Audi 80 B2 1.6 GL Diesel
Capacity: 1588cc
Performance: 40kw
Year: 1982
Motor code: CR

I want to buy a new set of shock absorbers for the car. This USA made absorbers will fit Audi 4000 from 1982 (the american export of the Audi 80). Are they fit on my car?

I want a good quality shock absorber for the car which not breaking the bank (eg. set of 4 will be no more than the price of the car...) and giving me good stability on rough roads and in turns for maximum comfort.


1 Answer 1


Cool car! The shock absorbers for an 1982 Audi 4000 should fit an 1982 Audi 80 - the 4000 is pretty much an 80 with some slight body changes for the US market (I believe bumpers, trims and lights).

However do take a look at the year closely, if I remember correctly there was an updated model in production between 1984 and 1986. The platform is still considered B2, but there might be some slight suspension differences, not entirely sure about that.


You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .