I want to check if this particular 50 amp fuse on a RAV4 (1998 first generation) is blown or not. Just looking, it's hard to tell because of what I assume are blue-green deposits on copper (this is the view inside it with the cover removed):
Normally I'd remove a fuse and test the two connections with a multimeter set to measure Ohms / resistance, but removing this is a non-trivial task - not only is the bolt holding it in place incredibly stiff, it's also holding the wiring together and I don't like the risk of re-assembling the wiring incorrectly or losing one of the many small parts like washers held with this bolt.
In theory, it looks like I could (after disconnecting the battery!) just use the multimeter's prongs to touch the copper visible on the left and right sides of the bottom of the fuse, and if it gives any reading, in theory that would mean the fuse hasn't blown. Some instinct however tells me that poking inside this fuse like this is a bad idea, or that it might not be as simple as it looks and those might not be points that are connected only by the fuse.
Am I worrying too much? Can I test this fuse without removing it as described?