I recently pulled a door panel to fix a broken cable. There was a foam liner behind the panel that had to come off to access the cable. I think this serves as a water barrier, so I want to make sure it stays on when I put it back on. The existing adhesive has seen better days. What adhesive should I use? What is the proper term for the foam sheet?


I would use spray trim adhesive as a first choice, it adheres very well and I have used it for such jobs. If I didn't have that available, I'd use gorilla glue for its waterproof and expanding properties (though a little more hassle than I'd like to put into it), or as a third option general spray adhesive.

  • +1 for trim adhesive. Doesn't have to be spray if you don't like spray, they make regular liquid trim adhesive too. – Brian Knoblauch Jun 11 '12 at 13:24
  • I saw that when I searched for it, but I've never used it so I specified the spray kind. Good to know! – Ehryk Jun 11 '12 at 16:47

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.