My Ford Escape started making an unusual noise recently. Would appreciate if anyone can help me diagnose the problem.
- The noise only occurs when I brake and only when my speed gets down to about 15 mph or less
- It's a grinding, crunching sort of sound
- It's a repeated "crunch" "crunch" "crunch" as if something on the axel rubs against something else every time it rotates
- It happens regardless of the weather
- It sounds like it's either coming from my back passenger tire or both back tires
Any ideas what the problem may be?