I have a 2004 Chevy Silverado 1500. It won't start after sitting for a few days. I connected a amp meter in series with the battery and tested the parasitic current draw when everything is off and the door is closed. When first connecting the meter, it draws half an amp for around 15 seconds, then drop to 200ma or so and finally down to around 20 mili-amps. After a minute or two though, it goes back to 250ma and stays there. Pulling the IPC/DIC (integrated power center / driver information cluster) fuse, the current drops back to 20 ma. So I believe its the cluster causing the issue. Approximately 10 years ago, I repaired the cluster by putting in new stepper motors and replacing the incandescent bulbs with beautiful blue LEDS (a few bulbs were burned out). The cluster has been working fine ever since and still shows no issues, for example, the odometer staying on. This started a week ago when I replaced the speakers in the doors. Didn't touch the radio or change any wiring under the dash, just changed the speakers. Pulling the radio fuse does not cause the current to drop, only the IPC/DIC fuse being pulled will.
Could it be the cluster or something to do with the radio? Any recommended next steps? Thanks much