I took my car in (2011 Nissan Rogue SL AWD) for an AC repair earlier this week but I was hoping they could also take a look to see what has been causing a squeaking/squealing sound to come from the front wheels for the past couple months. I'm going to do my best to describe the noise here and see if anyone else has any thoughts, because the mechanic said he couldn't hear the sound himself and checked the brakes—everything looks fine.
The sound is:
- A squeal or squeaking of some kind
- Louder at slower speeds, almost nonexistent above 30mph
- Rhythmic, with the frequency increasing alongside my speed (until I'm going fast enough for it to fade away, of course)
- Consistently exacerbated by turning, particularly when turning right
- Sometimes exacerbated by braking
I've had my CV Axles replaced in the last year, my brake pads are totally fine, no visible rotor damage or any metal rubbing on other metal. I truly have no clue what's happening, and I can't seem to find a mechanic that can replicate the sound when test driving, so I feel a tad bit crazy. Hoping someone has some sort of answer!