Apparently there are four mounts on my car.

enter image description here

  1. Is the one I'm referring to in this question.
  2. I know is good.
  3. Seems to be in good condition. All the bolts are tight. But last time I checked wasn't supporting any weight.
  4. I've never actually seen this mount. I don't know if it's good or bad. At one point this was the only mount out of the 4 that was holding any weight.

I think mount 1 needs to be replaced because it looks beat up, it's kind of soft to the touch, and I can see it's not actually supporting much of the engine's weight (if I press up and down on the engine I can see it move up and down on this mount. It's not so loose that I can move it about with my fingers but I don't think it's holding much engine weight).

enter image description here

My problem is I don't know where to get a replacement part. Advance Auto, Autozone, Oriely, Rock Auto, and Amazon don't seem to sell a "subframe bushing" or motor mount that looks anything like the part that I need. Heck, in the diagram they don't even have #1 pointing to the bushing, it's pointing to the metal connecting bracket that sits on the bushing. This Amazon listing actually sells all the mounts (!) except the one I need.

So umm, do they sell just a subframe bushing (part 1)? I assume the car shaking at idle is caused by a bad motor mount situation and although part 1 isn't sold as a motor mount it's kind of acting that way, isn't it? I believe a new part 1 will fix my problem but I don't know where to get one.

  • 1
    Number 1 may not be there to support the engine, it may be there to stop the engine twisting as you accelerate.
    – HandyHowie
    Commented Apr 14, 2022 at 20:36
  • It still looks bad, right? If it's not #1 then it must be #4 or #3.
    – user875234
    Commented Apr 14, 2022 at 20:39
  • 1
    The front motor mount (in your diagram mount #1) typically is filled with oil to absorb vibration at idle.
    – MJH
    Commented Apr 14, 2022 at 21:25
  • 1
    Partsgeek.com and CarsParts.com (neither are sponsors) have what look to be the correct front motor mount for your car.
    – MJH
    Commented Apr 14, 2022 at 21:59
  • 1
    I found the official part anyways. It's called an engine support insulator. bluespringsfordparts.com/v-2002-ford-escape--xls--3-0l-v6-gas/…
    – user875234
    Commented Apr 14, 2022 at 23:15

1 Answer 1


Try this link. I searched on Google and this is what it returned.


You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .