My car has been out of commission and out in the extreme cold for a few weeks. I have a brand new battery that read 3.3 volts when I started charging an hour ago. It now reads 9.2 volts but the ammeter has shown 0 amps the entire time. Is this normal?
The battery has a bulge on one side. I bought it a month ago. I was able to start the car with a boost a few days ago. I'm currently warming it up in front of a space heater.
UPDATE- The battery is charging normally after a few hours. Once it climbed to 10 volts I disconnected it for 20 minutes and when I reconnected there was current.