I just disassembled the front brake caliper (dual piston) on my 1974 Ford F250 390 V8.

There was a spring on each of the caliper bolts in between the brake pads. The springs are really rusty and one of them broke in half.

Looking on O'Reilly's site, I can't find replacement springs. Are these in use anymore? If so, what are they called? Where should I look for a new set?

2 Answers 2


I'm going to say yes, you should replace those springs, especially the broken one....

Some Googling indicates that springs fitting your description are still in use and you should be able to mail order them.

  • Wow $12 for one set of springs.... Thanks for the info. Think I'll check some of my local shops first though... May 12, 2011 at 17:34
  • @Jeremy, absolutely support your local economy. It helps to know what to ask for and how much it should cost before you hit the shops, though. I'm a slave to Amazon Prime, myself - it's hard to turn your nose up at free shipping of crazy heavy equipment.
    – Bob Cross
    May 12, 2011 at 17:46

Your local NAPA store can order them. It is part number UP 82116A and contains springs for both wheels.

  • I did end up finding them at Winchester Auto Parts (local chain). Just needed to know what to ask for :-) May 13, 2011 at 18:24

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .