I am still on my quest to safety my car. I am very thankful to this community for all the feedback and support. Here is some previous questions I posted.
- Rust on Vehicle Sitting for a couple of months
- Rotor Diameter for 2012 Chrysler 200
- Backing Plate Chrysler 200 2012
I bought online rotors and callipers according to the safety inspection I did in a local shop. I fully trusted on that parts list to the point I didn't measure the actual rotors size in my car, as suggested in one of the questions above. I never occurred to me they would list the wrong part, after all, these inspections are very expensive. In this quest, I face these three problems.
- Ended up ordering rotors and matching callipers that are bigger than the originals.
- Destroyed the backing plates "tabs", they were very rotten. At that moment I didn't know it would be impossible to get new ones. Plus, now I realized the rotors would not fit them anyones.
- Despite ordering left and right callipers, what I got in the box was two callipers that were identical.
This is the Rear-Left calliper
This is the Rear-Right calliper
When getting them at home I didn't notice that what I had inside both boxes were exactly the same.
Now the issue is the following. I installed the left first. When I was about to install the right side I notice that the remain calliper would have the valve on the top and the old one has. Here is a picture.
In the Rear-Right picture you can still see the dust shield, but that is just hanging there. I would try to do some welding on it to avoid it falling, but again I got bigger rotors, so I will just take it out. If I had the right rotors it would eventually fall out when driving.
It seems they have Right and Left backwards. I say this cause I ordered another Right
FRC11960C and I just got again the same calliper in the mail. So I am about to order another Left
FRC11959C, so that I can install it on the right, which is silly.
First I thought I got two
Rear-Lefts, but according to the pictures on the manufacture's page, and comparing to what I got. It seems I actually got two
- How come the manufacture got these parts backwards
FRC11960C? I mean, checking from their pictures, the Rear-Right seems to fit nicely on the Rear-Left mounting plate. The opposite also seems to work too.
- Could it be the case that most cars have the calliper towards the front and in my car it is towards the back, rotating almost (but not quite) 180 degrees on the knuckle?
- Is it possible I mounted the calliper wrong, given the Rear-Left picture above?