I have a Honda Prelude 1998 with the following symptoms:
- keep the fully charged battery connected for 2-3 days without driving and it goes almost flat (disconnect it and the charge stays for weeks at least)
- when the battery is almost flat and I disarm then arm the alarm back, few seconds later the alarm starts ringing (starting with today it does this on a fully charged battery as-well)
- when I test the ampers with a multi meter and the alarm is disarmed, I get a constant 0.02A - 0.03A, but right after I arm the alarm, it keeps fluctuating anywhere from 0.03A to 0.08A a couple of times per second
- is it normal for the ampers to fluctuate like that when the alarm is on?
- could this fluctuation cause the battery drain?
- could a faulty/almost empty battery alone cause the alarm to ring?
- what can I try to help me identify the issue?
What I tried so far was removing the fuses from the engine fuse box (not the interior one) one by one, but the amperage was still fluctuating.