What is this part from the top of the engine?
Part can be seen broken in this attached image. enter image description here


Vehicle info:

  • 1990 Jeep Wrangler YJ
  • 6 cylinder 4.2L
  • 1
    Well there's yer problem! When you replace that valve check the line to make sure it's not developed any breaks.
    – GdD
    May 18, 2021 at 10:04
  • @GdD I wish that was the only problem with this old rust bucket.
    – slybloty
    May 18, 2021 at 12:52
  • 1
    As a previous rust bucket owner my advice would be to look at your potential spend and decide whether to invest that money in what you have or something newer. I made the mistake of sinking a lot of money in an old car with loads of problems when I could have spent it on something more reliable. I ended up with loads of problems I couldn't fix myself in my front yard.
    – GdD
    May 19, 2021 at 9:56

1 Answer 1


It's a Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) valve. Not sure which engine you have or I would have given you a couple of part numbers.

Well, guess I can give you both:


  • FRAM FV200
  • Standard Motor Products V207


  • Standard Motor Products V236
  • WVE 6P1016

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .