I'm prepping a radiator coolant change on a 2014 Ford Focus, and would like to confirm if the valve with a 1/2" diameter pipe shown in the picture is the one that needs to be turned to release the coolant.

Is the correct one identified?

enter image description here

To possibly help answer the question, an additional picture from a different angle is shown below. enter image description here

1 Answer 1


Yes, that's exactly what that appears to be. You can see it here in this image of the radiator. Bottom left.

enter image description here

  • ♦ Thanks, RockAuto.com seems to be a very good source; I'll try to look up that website first prior to any other inquiries.
    – plu
    Apr 10, 2021 at 19:55

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .