I have a 2003 3.8L V6 Mustang. The piece on top of the water pump looks bad, and I'd like to replace it when I replace the water pump. I can't find the name of this gasket(?) so I don't know what to buy.




I believe that is:

"HVAC Heater Pipe", Motorcraft PN 5466-05244610

enter image description here (Alternate part number: 2R3Z18663DA)

Are you sure it's bad? It looks like it might be a big job to replace it.

  • That looks correct. I'm not sure if the heater pipe is bad but the gasket certainly looks damaged. I don't see anything that looks correct when I search for "heater pipe gasket" either, do you know what it's called?
    – MD XF
    Mar 29 '21 at 16:43
  • 1
    It looks like an o-ring. You may want to try your local Ford dealership parts dept. to see if they have a match for just the seal. Otherwise, you can likely find a suitable replacement using its size and diameter.
    – jwh20
    Mar 29 '21 at 17:01

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.