I am converting my 2011 Nissan Frontier Pro-4x to an overland-ready setup. For this, I want to set up a separate electrical system to power certain items. I need some help calculating the requirements and consumption for my system.
Here is what I have planned so far for a dual-battery power supply setup:
- Stock alternator to charge both batteries, 130 amps
- 12v Deep cycle battery, need to know the right aH requirement for my setup
- Battery isolator
- Inverter (probably a 300w inverter)
And here are the power consumers I have planned:
- Laptop MacBook Pro, connected to an inverter. Needs around 60 watts per hour per average (95w max). Needed for 8 hours per day
- 4g modem & Antenna (Peplink Pepwave Max Transit Mini), connected to 12v DC. Needs 12 watts per hour. Needed 8 hours per day
- Diesel Heater 12v DC, needs 72 watts per hour (only needed occasionally at night, in very cold weather)
- Fridge, 12v DC, needs ~35Ah/day, runs all day
I'd expect the second battery to be fully charged by the alternator every 2 days at the worst.
I need help calculating the total aH requirements that I have, especially with the inverter it becomes a bit confusing.