I've got an almost completely rebuilt 2002 Ford Focus 2.0L Split Port Engine and its got a knock. I'm having a hard time figuring out if its valve knock or rod knock.
To add some background, I had the valve seat in #4 drop when the engine was at idle. The work I've done to it is as follows:
- Block machined and #4 sleeved to standard (Completed by an engine machine shop)
- 1 new connecting rod
- 4 new pistons, wrist pins and rings (Wrist pins pressed in by engine machine shop)
- New rod and main bearings
- Complete new timing kit (tensioner, water pump and belt)
- New cylinder head with original valves lapped to the new head
- New lifters
- Complete new upper and lower seals and gaskets
- New spark plugs and ignition wires
The only original parts left in the engine are: 3 out of 4 connecting rods, crankshaft, camshaft, valves, rockers, valve springs, oil pump, timing gears, and all the sensors.
Also there is no codes related to the issue so its mostly likely a mechanical issue.