I recently changed the Ignition Control Module on my 1978 Lincoln Continental. This part was mounted onto the ICM and plugs directly into it. I have gone to the Lincoln/Ford dealership, visited multiple auto part stores, and searched everywhere online, but I cannot figure out what the name of this part is called or it’s purpose. If anyone is familiar with older Lincoln’s, I would greatly appreciate it if you could tell me what this part is and where I can find a replacement. Currently, the car is running and driving without it, but I’d still like to replace it as it must have some importance. The numbers on the part in question are D8AE-12A265-BA. Below those numbers on a separate line are 75-566 (not sure if that is supposed to be a part of the first set of numbers).

enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here

  • Is that black protrusion a fitting for a tube?
    – jwh20
    Nov 2 '20 at 17:14
  • @jwh20 I believe so, however, I am not certain. No tube was connected to that part when I bought the car (which doesn’t mean one shouldn’t be there). Nov 2 '20 at 17:16
  • My thought is that it's some sort of air valve. It opens up and lets air in or out from that tube to the outside air.
    – jwh20
    Nov 2 '20 at 17:43
  • You may be right. I need the exact name or part # to find a replacement. It has a faint part number on it but I’ve tried looking all over the internet and still can’t find that part. Nov 2 '20 at 17:45
  • 1
    Might not be useful, but to my eyeballs the top connector in the last picture looks copper colored, whereas the bottom one looks silver colored. Were they by any chance color coded, and are the broken spade connectors still stuck together? You might be able to see which ones broke off of where based on color or the break pattern. Nov 2 '20 at 20:26

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.