I have 2009 Volkswagen Jetta TDI diesel 2.0L, they saying this car required CAN bus system instead kwp2000.
My question is:
How does the protocol Id change? Maybe ECU is defective? Some people told me that OBD2 talking with different module from ECU.
from the car:
- Protocol: KWPS8FE9 ( should be CAN )
- ECU Address(es): 1A
- CAL ID(Calibration ID): 02F300050D 1402 ( they say wrong CAL ID )
- CAL CVN(Calibration Verification Number): 21DB ( they say wrong CAL CVN )
If you look at those monitors not supported.
OBDII Readiness Monitor Details:
- Misfire Monitor Supported: N
- Fuel System Monitoring Supported: N
- Component Monitor Supported: Y
- Catalyst Monitor Supported: N
- Heated Catalyst Supported: N
- EVAP System Supported: N
- Miss Monitor Ready: NS
- Fuel System Monitor Ready: NS
- Component Monitor Ready: NS
- Catalyst Monitor Ready: NS
- Heated Catalyst Monitor Ready: NS
- EVAP Monitor Ready: NS
How is it possible ECU unit created not belong to this vehicle CAL ID (Calibration ID): 02F300050D 1402 and CAL CVN (Calibration Verification Number): 21DB ?
I went to VW dealer couple of time and system profile saying engine/powertrain computer/ module checked was done by dealer.
Could it miscommunicate protocol KWP instead of CAN protocol ?