The bike Suzuki Intruder VS1400 model 2000, ran fantastic, but started to stall on idle when I used old fuel in it.
What I did:
I cleaned the two CV carbs. Didn't replace anything.
I found the floats too high, I adjusted them according to factory specs, about 2mm lower.
Resynchronized the idle and throttle using Carbtune from Morgan.
Adjusted the pilot screw using Colortune from Morgan also.
- Idle runs great.
- Little hesitant when snapping the throttle on neutral.
- Under load, 2 gear and above, 1/4-3/4 throttle:
- No power
- Pops on acceleration
- Heats up more than usual.
- Gear rattles
- On WOT, it picks up power after one second in WOT, but not as strong as before.
- Spark plugs are yellowish but clean and dry. No signs of melting. but I didn't ride the bike other than 500 meters test drives.
- I sprayed starter spray on the intake boots, no rpm difference, no intake leak as far as I can tell.
- I can't tell which carb pops because both exhausts are on the same side.
- The diaphrams are in good shape, I can lift the slide by blowing into the carb intake ventury, and it goes down normally, with some suction sound. which I believe to be good.
- I cleaned it with brake cleaner and compressed air, it was already clean, no plugged holes anywhere.
- I've repeated the procedure another time in case I missed a step, but no change.
Any ideas what could be wrong?