I recently replaced the cylinder and piston on a broken chainsaw 2-stroke engine and I found 2 plastic inserts inside the cylinder. I'm wondering what purpose these serve, and what the correct name for them is.

Plastic inserts inside cylinder

Plastic inserts outside cylinder

  • Port seals come to mind, but some parts manuals may differ. – Solar Mike Aug 2 at 10:53
  • Also, if you gave us the make/model/size of the engine, it would surely help us to understand exactly what you're pointing at. As Mike states, things differ between manufacturers. – Pᴀᴜʟsᴛᴇʀ2 Aug 2 at 13:10

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.