What is this hitch looking bar with arms instead of a receiver?

I expected just the truck frame with weld nuts; or a hitch with a receiver. This looks like a hitch but two arms instead of a receiver.

Any ideas how to install a standard ball hitch into this strange looking factory hitch?

two arms looks like a hitch but no receiver?

  • Welcome to Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair! What year and model of Silverado do you have? – Pᴀᴜʟsᴛᴇʀ2 Jul 15 '20 at 1:27
  • Thanks! 2019 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT – Daniel Mohr Jul 15 '20 at 1:30
  • Those are chain hooks (tie downs), originally used for transport from the factory. – Moab Jul 15 '20 at 1:34
  • Ahh, so the whole tube / hitch looking thing the two chain hooks are attached to is garbage and should be removed? – Daniel Mohr Jul 15 '20 at 1:40
  • Thank you all. The hitch installed underneath the chain tie downs without any issues. – Daniel Mohr Jan 20 at 20:21

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.