I've been looking at this diagram to try and understand what's what under my hood, and I'm not sure what "GB-1" and "GB-2" and so on are referring to.

enter image description here

  • What vehicle is it, year, model, engine size. It looks like a Suburu. Nov 26, 2013 at 21:30
  • Wow, good call. Subaru Legacy '97. 2200. Nov 26, 2013 at 21:38
  • 1
    @Aerovistae, he's cheating - the Subaru owners in the audience know that they all look the same under the hood ;-)
    – Bob Cross
    Nov 26, 2013 at 22:46
  • I drive a 2 litre Ford Focus, just like the wife suggested. Its the brother-in-law who has a Subaru:-) Nov 27, 2013 at 18:07

2 Answers 2


It is a ground, and as Digital Lightcraft "Ground Bolt" sounds reasonable. The picture below show another view from the same car. You can see from the picture that it is indeed a terminal that's bolted to the chassis.

enter image description here


Hard to say without knowing the car, but based on previous experience, its likely to be "Ground Bolt"

IE ground / earth (-) for the electrical system to the chassis/shell/monocoque

  • They are in fact on the chassis, I was going for the same guess.
    – PedroC88
    Nov 26, 2013 at 21:54

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .