Got a 93 f150 with a 302 5.0 I’m replacing the freeze plug it’s on the back of block on the passenger side I’m using flathead an hammer but it won’t budge it’s in a tight spot is there anything else I can do to make it pop out enter image description here

  • Welcome to Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair! It appears you've been trying this method and it hasn't been working for you. While your question is "technically" a duplicate of it, I believe it still valid considering the original answer isn't working for you. Jun 18 '20 at 10:45
  • Use a large screwdriver, put it on the edge of the cup and hit with hammer until it starts to twist out of the hole then use pliers to pull it out.
    – Moab
    Jun 18 '20 at 17:32

I would use a pry-bar to get that out, sometimes using a spacer can help change the working angle fortuitously.

I have used a small puller to get them out - a block with a bolt and a "hook" into the plug can also work.

  • Okay thanks I’ll try it
    – user58082
    Jun 18 '20 at 5:22
  • Couldn’t get it with pry bar
    – user58082
    Jun 18 '20 at 6:22
  • @user58082 had one once where we had to take the engine out...
    – Solar Mike
    Jun 18 '20 at 6:23
  • Buddy just told me to put socket on it an hit it but it might fall in block
    – user58082
    Jun 18 '20 at 6:29
  • @user58082 that's another way, usually the space behind is not sufficient for the plug to go far as the cylinder wall is there and the water jacket is kept to a minimum. If you get it to move like that then it can come out easier...
    – Solar Mike
    Jun 18 '20 at 6:35

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.