I need to replace an EFB battery in a start/stop car because it doesn't hold the charge - the battery is at 12.3V after 3 days and at 12.1V after 7.
My questions are:
- Is it always possible to replace EFB with AGM? Does it depend on the car? The manual of my car doesn't say anything on this.
- Is it recommended? Do AGM batteries perform better?
- Does replacing EFB with AGM require a specific reprogramming / registration?
I have found two mobile services that can come to me, replace the battery and dispose of the old one. I am not sure if I should go for the AGM, if AGM is better, or for the EFB, because Bosch is a better-known brand and EFB is sure to be compatible?
- One is a large car parts reseller in my country and can supply a 640 CCA AGM battery of its own brand (no idea who actually makes it)
- The other can supply a 560 CCA Bosch EFB battery
- Both batteries are 60Ah and both come with a 5-year warranty