I've not been driving my 2003 Toyota Corolla since we were ordered to shelter. Today, I turned it over and found it rough idling. ECU faults show as follow:
- Current Fault: P0303 - Powertrain (Cylinder 3 Misfire Detected)
- Current Fault: P0440 - Powertrain (Evaporative Emission Control System)
- Pending Fault: P0171 - Powertrain (System too Lean (Bank 1))
- Pending Fault: P0302 - Powertrain (Cylinder 2 Misfire Detected)
- P0171 - Powertrain (System too Lean (Bank 1))
- P0303 - Powertrain (Cylinder 3 Misfire Detected)
Given that the mixture is lean, and that this vehicle has sat undriven for a few weeks, I'm inclined to think the issue lay in the gasoline itself or in the filter, rather than say an electrical issue.
The one complicating factor is that vehicle has had a tiny leak in the fuel system for some time, leading to a near constant indication of fault P0440. I wonder if, but rather doubt, the adhoc storage has exacerbated that issue.
What remediation steps should I take to isolate and repair this misfire?