The clutch pedal in my 2001 Honda S2000 (applies to other cars as well) is very sticky and sometimes squeaky, how do I fix it?
A good walkthrough can be found on this forum. It is summarized below:
- Remove the two bolts holding the clutch slave cylinder to the side of the transmisison housing.
- Remove the boot and cylinder rod from the slave cylinder.
- Check to see if the top of the cylinder rod is rough or has been worn down at all.
- If it has, polish it to a fine finish and grind down the nipple at the top if one exists.
- Clean out the cup and release fork in the slave cylinder.
- Apply high temperature grease to the cup / release fork and to the ball end of the rod.
- Reassemble the whole thing and then pump the clutch a few times to spread the grease around.
Hopefully this will be helpful for others. The original forum post from which this answer was mostly copied contains pictures if needed.