This is where the drive shaft is sitting

The drive shaft jumped (due to a failing wishbone) out of the housing in the motor. I want to order a new part, because it is not included in the new drive shaft. How is it called?

  • can you describe it better,is it the flange or the axle part or the connecting rod,it is hard for me to understand exactly what part(s) you want the name of. Jan 27, 2020 at 12:16
  • The piece in the photograph is the outer CV joint. Jan 27, 2020 at 12:27
  • 2
    @SteveMatthews Surely that is the inner CV joint. That looks more like a gearbox/differential than a hub.
    – HandyHowie
    Jan 27, 2020 at 12:49
  • @HandyHowie of course. I must have mistaken the bellhousing for the brake back plate but that big drain key is a dead giveaway. Yes, Inner CV Joint. Jan 27, 2020 at 12:50
  • @trondhansen I need the part with the 6 screws
    – Marvin
    Jan 27, 2020 at 13:43

1 Answer 1


As discussed in the comments, this is the inner CV joint. Make sure you get a rubber gaiter and grease with the new one. You will likely need to re-use the bolts.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.