So, I live in Mauritius and I am an amateur car enthusiast. I wanted to build a 450+ HP car in my garage (I, fortunately, have all the necessary tools). My plan is to buy an accidented car, strip off the engine, and anything related to that. Then, replace the engine with an American crate engine like those from GM motors LS or Chevy 427 engines, do a forward to rear-wheel conversion and put the engine at the back. Also, make CNC mould for a new body and using fibre glass and carbon fibre rebuild the body. But the issue is that I am unable to get any intel regarding this type of work on this island. It would be very helpful if someone can guide me through all of this and give me some information. Thank you very much fellow StackUsers.
EDIT: Following @Pᴀᴜʟsᴛᴇʀ2's comment, I realised my mistake and narrowed down my broad question to very specific information i was looking for:
I have to import all the parts that would be used in the car. Therefore, I would be very glad to be able to learn a few things from the community before i got started:
- What do i need to be able to swap a completely new unrelated engine to another complete old unrelated car chasis. (i mean apart from the engine itself e.g carburator, flywheels, drive train, harmonizers, etc)
- Do i need new transmission or can i use my old transmission (automatic)
- How can i convert the car to a steptronic or manumatic design? Is that even a possibility?
- Should I use aluminium bars to make the frame or iron/steel rods should be employed?
- what is the best engine (450HP+) that the community recommends?