I had a flat tire , aired it up took to shop they fixed it said had a small nail. three days later tried to air it up to drive bake to shop. had a red rubber ring inside of stem. what is that for?

  • size? picture? is it a seal?
    – Solar Mike
    May 28 '19 at 20:51

It's an O-ring to seal the cap to the valve stem. It belongs inside the cap. If you crank the cap on too tight, you force it into the valve core area. Just remove it and shove it back into the cap

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.