I don’t have a garage and I’m storing my bike outside. Temperatures during the daylight are around 90-115F max. There’s no much shade around the bike but it gets morning and afternoon’s sun beating.
I got a quality cover for the bike (Oxford stormex), cleaned the bike, changed oil, taped the intake, plugged the muffler, removed the battery & taped the battery terminals on the bike too.
I also treated my gas tank with fresh fuel with Starbrite fuel stabilizer. And I overused it just in case (company says overdose is not harmful). I made sure to top up the tank until it’s full.
I’m just wondering:
- Would the fuel go bad due to high summer temperature?
- Would the fuel evaporate and leave gunk during the next 6 months?
- After storage, should I drain the treated fuel and pour in fresh fuel after inspecting the gas tank?
- Is it safe to use bore scope inside the gas tank just for extra peace of mind?
- Is oil change recommended?
- Finally, my bike has 1700miles and I’m thinking of switching to fully synthetic oil. Would that hurt or I should wait until 3000 miles!