I drove a long long way with my old car knowing I had to change the shock absorbers, and what needed to happen; happened. Something broke and I have now strange noise coming from one of the rear wheel (I will come back on that noise in another question). Usually I prefer to repair my old car by myself, both for fun and to save money. However, I have no idea what is the name and the purpose of the broken part. I will also need to drive tomorrow with the car, but wonder if it could be dangerous. Please look at the supplied picture and help me.

The car is a Hyundai Accent Gsi 2003 with a 1.6L engine.

enter image description here

1 Answer 1


It seems to be the stabilizer links which

transfer weight between the left and right sides of a vehicle when it turns, transferring some of the lateral force exerted in a turn to the opposite side of the vehicle, which allows the body of the vehicle to stay stable.

It is not dangerous to drive without it, but the ride will be less enjoyable :). The part cost between 8$ to 20$ and is really easy to change. I will do it tomorrow morning, I will come back if anything else comes up.


Edit: The part is easy to change if you do not account for rust. I had to cut it because of that. However, the new part was installed in about 2 min. I advise that you change the part asap when it brokes. Because I waited, the part scratched the inside of my rim. The sound I talked in my question was caused by the scratching which happened mostly when I turned on the left.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .