Turning on ignition just get click as though loose battery connection, battery showing (high ) 15 to 16 volts but still won't turn over had to get push. Anyone got any ideas on this one.
Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.
You would get the clicking symptom due to -
- Starter motor brushes being worn out.
- Starter solenoid contacts being burnt out.
- The thick wire from the battery to the starter solenoid being disconnected.
Are you sure your battery voltage reading is correct?
Presumably once started, the engine continues to run correctly and the lights work?