I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I have an RC 2 stroke engine with a choke with an arm that requires up/down motion to open/close.

The problem is I can't place a servo below, so I was wondering if anyone knows a way to have at push/pull rod turn into an up/down motion? (Preferably without any hinges, etc attached to the engine)

  • Welcome to Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair! I'm finding it hard to follow you here. There are only two basic ways (I can think of) which would change motion from a horizontal to vertical motion is either with a hinge or redirecting through, such as with a post which you would run a cable over (in essence, this too is a hinge). Mar 26 '19 at 11:32

Use a Bowden cable - think of the cable used for brakes on a bike...

It is flexible and has been used for throttle cables for years...

Connect it to the servo or mechanism on the body or handle bar somewhere...

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.