Can someone please tell me the technical name (and part if possible) of the missing port cover here? I think the mechanic took it off during an oil change and forgot to put it back

enter image description here

Is it '33-clip, snap fitting', here?


Update: Here's another view with cap on from other side (stock photo):

enter image description here

  • I could not identify the missing cap, but there are too many item 33s to be the one you require. I see in the difficult-to-view diagram that there are two of these openings, one of which is blocked by the shift lever.
    – fred_dot_u
    Dec 30 '18 at 2:33
  • There isn't one on the other side though; see additional pic attached...
    – dashnick
    Dec 30 '18 at 3:32
  • Those 33s are just clips from underneath, There are those 2 square holes: keyhole shaped openings. The cover plates do not show on the diagram. Is it for reseting the oil change computer? Is the left hand cover still in place. Can you remove it to get another one?
    – John Canon
    Dec 30 '18 at 3:39
  • The new picture shows the missing cover. It might be for the oil change computer.
    – John Canon
    Dec 30 '18 at 3:41
  • Right, I think it is for the oil change computer because they didn't replace it after the oil change. I'd just like to know the official name for the part so I can try to replace it..
    – dashnick
    Dec 30 '18 at 3:46

It seems I am in the same boat as the OP. While I was vacuuming the car after the wife had been driving it for a few months the vacuum picked it up while I wasnt looking. So I found the diagram and pieced it out.

Honda Part No.:54716-T2A-A51ZA,

Lid NH587L (GLOSS ONE BLACK) is Ref No. 12 in the diagram below


Lid NH587L (GLOSS ONE BLACK) is Ref No. 12 in the diagram below

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.