I bought an aftermarket window master switch for a Jeep Liberty it works most of the time when it stops working and all I do is unplug it and plug it back in and it works fine for about a week then stops working I unplug it works again for another week Ideas to fix the problem thank you
The problem is most likely a galvanic reaction between the metal of the contact in the connector and the metal in the switch, especially if the switch is an aftermarket one (read: Chinesium). When you disconnect the two and put them back together, the interference is broken and the connection is restored ... until there is a new buildup between the two.
If this is the issue, you can most likely cure the issue by using a small jewelers file or possible a small strip of sandpaper where the contacts meet. Sand it to bare metal, the put some dielectric grease (sparingly) where the contacts meet. The dielectric grease should help with the galvanic reaction and allow the electricity to flow unabated.